Thursday, August 14, 2008

Segment intending is a great way to ramp up energy and get things done

As I practice segment intending I feel like a newbie pilot who's taking their first solo flight. This is the first time I've had my hands on the controls of my thinking so much during the day. I'm having new experiences and it's definitely interesting.

One of my observations is that segment intending is a powerful way to increase energy and get things done. I wrote a post on August 10th with appreciation for how good this technique felt. The next day I was saying to myself, boy, I feel good. I would notice how efficient it was to go with the energy, appreciating how much I was getting done, and the more I noticed, the better I felt and the more I got done! I felt like a happy blur getting one thing done after another. I didn't sleep a lot and the next day and night were the same.

The guided energy was different for me. I would think about the things to do and then decide which ones I wanted to accomplish. I would say my intentions for feelings for the next segment. And then I felt pulled along by a surge of enthusiasm to accomplish those tasks one after another. I'm talking about "should do" tasks -- the ones I was dragging my feet on or did when I had to -- as well as those that I wanted to do. I found myself eager and wanting to do all of them and everything just clicked into place.

As I've worked with Abraham's concepts I've definitely learned that I create my inner world. I've learned that I'm the one that makes me feel bad or good. I'm the one that controls whether I have that delicious feeling of connection to my Inner Being.

I'm always learning, but these concepts of deliberate reality creation are working well. My inner life has been turned around. The new playground for me is focusing more on playing in the physical world and what I'm learning now is that setting the feelings is the most important thing I can do. If I feel off-balance, I take a moment and align inside to my Inner Being. It happens just by asking, just by intending to do it, and by taking the time to quiet my mind and allow that sweet feeling of relief in connection.

...what Deliberate Creating really is. It's caring how I feel so much that I am willing to choose the better feeling thought.

Abraham-Hicks

Rather than "What should I do?" we want you to follow the thought of your Source, and the thought of that Source within you is looking for things to appreciate. And we know that guidance always sounds like "should I go this way, or should I go this way?" when you understand that the guidance is about the direction of your thought, and you deliberately choose the better feeling thought, what begins to happen is that you get going with The Flow so well that questions about what to do answer themselves easily because it is so obvious what to do....the confusion goes away when the resistance goes away....when you say, "never mind what I'm going to do, how am I going to think about this? And you chose a better feeling thought about the subject, what happens is that The Stream is flowing so smoothly that all of the chaos and confusion from your life lifts from you and you have clarity about what to do.

Abraham-Hicks, Tarrytown, NY 9/30/06

You are extensions of [pure, positive] creative energy, and when you are not deliberately doing it [i.e., flowing the energy toward what you want], life is flat. Friends, this is not piddly little energy! This energy keeps your earth spinning in its orbit, in perfect proximity to other planets. We THINK it can help you be happy in your house!

Abraham-Hicks

Source Energy is intimately, infinitely, always responding to your requests, no matter how great or small they may be deemed by you or anyone else who is observing them. There is nothing so big that Source Energy can't get its thoughts around it-- and there is nothing so small that Source Energy isn't willing to get its thoughts around it.

Abraham-Hicks, Los Angeles, CA, 8/4/2001

****************************************************************
All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Visit the official Abraham site at: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/

Related post you might enjoy:

10 unexpected benefits of Abraham-Hicks' segment intending

No comments: