Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lists: a quick and easy way to change thoughts and feelings in intense situations

I am a joyful thought by alicepopkorn

The most valuable skill or talent that you could ever develop is that of directing your thoughts toward what you want -- to be adept at quickly evaluating all situations and then quickly coming to the conclusion of what you most want -- and then giving your undivided attention to that. There is a tremendous skill in deliberately directing your own thoughts that will yield results that cannot be compared with results that mere action can provide.

Abraham-Hicks, Excerpted from the book "Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Health, Wealth and Happiness"

I love that with Abraham's information there is no need for introspection. No need to spend any time remembering or understanding where a disturbing, unpleasant thought came from. All I need to know is what I want.

Deliberate creating is meant to be easy and I appreciate short cuts. I've posted many that I've found and now have a new one.

About a week ago I had several experiences happen within two or three days that stirred up an old, stuck cluster of beliefs and feelings from very early childhood when I was one or two.

As I worked with my thoughts I was riding an emotional roller coaster through fear, worry, anger and stress -- all the time using the deliberate creating tools I like and moving the feelings around -- just not getting to a stable place. Probably in answer to something I had been asking Abe for -- I discovered something new for myself.

I carried a black and white school composition book around with me for two or three days. Whenever I had a distressing thought or feeling I noted the time, then wrote down a few words that described it, then a few words of what I wanted.

It could be like this:

angry
trapped
afraid
furious
I want to feel and be free
I want the problem to be worked through with good will and cooperation

or like this:

fear
worry
stressed
sick to my stomach
I want to feel and be safe
I want relief from pressure

I listened inside and wrote whatever I felt as often as I felt it. At the beginning I would put the composition book down and then pick it up quickly to write more. This process helped me focus on what I was feeling exactly and to clarify what I wanted. It didn't have to be elegant, just honest.

Each time I wrote I moved my thinking along a bit more and I could feel the relief of having some distance from the unpleasantness. I know these techniques work so I wasn't stuck anymore, just moving along. I also knew that when I said what I wanted the Universe answered, "YES!"

I still used my other techniques when I felt the urge, but really appreciate the ease and speed of changing thoughts and energy using this technique -- after about two or three days I got into a stable positive frame of mind and didn't need to use it all the time. It's in my toolbox though and I'm in a new place that's a lot more fun.

As for me, I've put the trigger situations in the loving hands of the Universe. As I have to write letters or make calls or talk to someone in person, I list any concerns and what I want to happen beforehand and am having very positive experiences.

Above all, instead of feeling off balance by outside conditions as I go toward resolutions, I feel calm and am standing on the solid ground of the Well-Being that flows in me and through me.

We want you to relax into the rhythm of your life. And we want to work on feeling the perfection of where you stand. And we want you to make peace with where you are, this glorious vantage point that has been honed from what you've lived that helps you understand clearly where you are going. But we want you to make peace with the journey between where you are and where you are going because the satisfaction of life is on that path.

Abraham-Hicks Workshop, West Los Angeles, CA, 1/31/04B
****************************************************************
All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Visit the official Abraham site for the latest information or to sign up for DailyQuotes at: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/

For artists, I would think drawing or making a collage would work as well as writing.

For related posts you might like to browse the Deliberate Creating Toolbox label for posts like:

10 ways to turn downstream to Well-Being

Abraham-Hicks: 10 life-changing benefits of pivoting

and

Abraham-Hicks -- look for the positive aspect

No comments: