Saturday, January 31, 2009

Abraham-Hicks: Feeling our way to our reality

About six weeks ago I had a very pure feeling of "having" something that I had long desired. It was mine!

That feeling was so delicious that I was glad that what I wanted wasn't in my life yet. Although I do want to have those things I desire, my joy wasn't attached to anything at all. I felt free! And I enjoyed that feeling so much that I immediately wanted it to be the way I lived every day.

I've been doing the work of aligning my thinking the best I can when I run across the speed bumps in my life. I'm beginning to understand that when contrast happens it is an opportunity to lift myself into good feeling thoughts. Like the pilot that corrects his heading, I can feel that I am actually creating my feelings as I think. When I stop looking to the outside world as the source of my good or bad feelings -- and when I deliberately choose good feeling thoughts instead -- I can soar!

There are just a few of the benefits:

1. When I start working on a new desire I have the "knowing" feeling that my deliberately chosen thoughts are true whether I totally believe them yet or not. It helps me trust the process.
2. I feel I already "have" what I want. Abe says the only reason we want anything is because we think we will feel good by having it. Now I live it right then and there.
3. Feeling good isn't attached to having, doing, or being anything. It's just mine. This is freedom to me.
4. I'm not bound by past experiences -- I can choose a new response right now.
5. I notice that it's becoming easier and easier to change my thinking.
6. I'm noticing big changes in my relationships, quickly.
7. This is so much fun that I look for even more good feeling thoughts just for the joy of the process.
8. Having, being, or doing is for the joy of it -- not because I need it to feel good.
9. And whoohoo I feel like a kid at Christmas -- I'm molding the clay of my experience and I'm excited to see what will manifest so I can enjoy it and play some more!

This is some of the wisdom that inspired me to realize my thoughts create and are not attached to any appearances in the physical world:

ON THE ESSENTIAL POWER OF THOUGHT: But each of you chooses the degree of satisfaction, contentment, peace, love, joy, or ecstasy that you will experience, for there is a broad range of that which may be experienced, and it all hinges upon your willingness to make decisions about what you want, and your belief, or knowing, that that which you think, is.

Abraham-Hicks

The Universe is not responding to your reality. The Universe is responding to
your perception of your reality and so when you deliberately take an emotional journey you offer a vibration that causes Law Of Attraction to respond to you differently.


Abraham-Hicks, Kansas City, KS, 9/14/05

It's not your job to create anybody else's reality. It's your job to create your own reality. And if you will choose things that feel good while you're thinking about it, you're going to have one whopping of a good reality.

Abraham-Hicks, November 23, 2002

You've trained yourself to face reality. You've trained yourself to tell the truth. You've trained yourself to tell it like it is. So in the beginning, these fantasies feel a little inappropriate, because it's like you're fooling yourself. Sometimes people will say, "Well, isn't this just denial?" And we say, we hope so! We hope that you are denying the absence that you do not want. And we hope that you are embracing the presence of what you do. But somehow the idea of denial has become a dirty word to you; like it is virtuous to face the reality of the horror of your own lives. And we would be ignoring anything that did not please us. We would get our eyes on what feels good.

Abraham-Hicks, March 9, 2001

There is no reason to worry about your thoughts, for they are not like a loaded gun that wreak powerful and instantaneous destruction. For you have plenty of time - as soon as you become aware of negative feelings - to begin to choose other less-resistant thoughts and choose a more desired outcome.

Abraham-Hicks

Once you envision something and the Universal forces come into play to help you in the creation of it, there's never again going to be enough action for you to keep up with it. You can't use the Energy that creates worlds to create a situation and then find the action to keep up with it. You have to keep envisioning. You have to keep imagining it better.

Abraham-Hicks, G-10/12/97, Rye, NY

The only thing that makes the difference in the way you feel right now is the thought that you are thinking right now. It doesn't matter how much money you've got; there are joyful people with no money, and there are unhappy people with lots of money. How you feel is about how you are allowing the Source that is You to flow. So when we talk about the Art of Allowing, we're talking about the art of living; about the art of thriving; about the art of clarity. We're talking about the art of being who you really are.

Abraham-Hicks, July 20, 2002

Just as the sculptor or the artist gains his satisfaction, not from the finished work, you, too, have come forth for the sheer joy of molding the clay of the Universe into the work of art that you identify as your physical life experience.

Abraham-Hicks, A New Beginning II, ppg. 84-85

....Trust that the events you are experiencing are moving you where you want to go. You are not off your path if something happens that you don't enjoy, you are just experiencing the clutter that you THOUGHT stood in your way. Nothing stands in your way. Your desires are manifested, they are real, they DO EXIST right here and right now. Freedom is trust. The clutter can dissolve in an instant. It can dissolve when you change your thoughts. It can dissolve when you relax....

~From "Freedom" channeled in Words of Well-Being, January 24, 2007, by Suzanne

You summon with the clarity of desire. And, we say to you, just relax and trust. That if you can want it, the Universe has yielded it and now its time for you to just relax. Not watching for evidence but trusting that the evidence will show up everywhere you turn ... and it is our promise to you, that it will.

Abraham-Hicks, Boston, MA, 10/05/02
****************************************************************
All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Visit the official Abraham site at: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/

Words of Well-Being © 2007 by Suzanne.

No comments: